The top list of immunization questions with answers for maintaining compliance in the pharmacy industry
Bula offers hundreds of the most frequently asked pharmacy law questions and answers pertaining to an assortment of topics, including immunizations.
Purchase the immunization FAQs to receive quick and long answers to 19 related questions across all 52 jurisdictions (the 50 states, D.C. and federal), including citations of supporting legislation, current as of 2/27/2020.
The pharmacy immunization FAQ file includes:
Citations of supporting legislation
A quick answer
A longer detailed answer
Answers across all 52 jurisdictions
- An editable Excel Workbook file
- Immunization – vaccines: What vaccines may be administered by a pharmacist?
- Immunization protocols: What does the state require for an immunization protocol?
- Immunization physicians: What licensure, residency, active practice, and/or location requirements exist for the protocol physician?
- Immunization – physician oversight: What type of oversight must a pharmacist performing vaccinations receive?
- Pharmacy Immunization FAQ- epinephrine: Is a standing order/ protocol/ etc. adequate authority for the pharmacist to prescribe, dispense, and administer emergency medications?
- Immunization record keeping: Are there any additional documentation / record keeping requirements for vaccinations?
- Immunization patient documentation: What documents must be provided to the patient?
- Immunization patient consent: What type of patient consent is required prior to administering immunizations?
- Pharmacy Immunization report FAQ- protocol/pcp physician: Is a pharmacy required to report administration to the protocol physician or the patient’s PCP?
- Immunization report – adverse event: Does the state require that adverse reactions to vaccines be reported to anyone in addition to VAERS?
- Immunization registry enrollment: Is a pharmacy required to enroll in the state immunization registry?
- Immunization verify registry: Is the pharmacy required to check the state registry prior to administering vaccinations to verify patient vaccination history?
- Pharmacy Immunization report to state FAQ: Which immunizations administered in a pharmacy must be reported to the state?
- Immunization registry opt-out: If the pharmacy is required to report to either the protocol physician, the PCP, or the state, must the pharmacist either require patients to affirmatively opt-in, or give patients opportunity to opt-out?
- Immunization preservative-free: Are vaccines required to be preservative-free in any circumstances?
- Immunization facility/ equipment: What additional requirements relating to facility and equipment exist when vaccinations are administered in the pharmacy setting?
- Immunization privacy: Are there any additional privacy restrictions that apply when a pharmacist is vaccinating a patient?
- Immunization references: Are any specific reference materials required?
- Pharmacy Immunization FAQ for when off-site: Is off-site administration by pharmacists allowed?
A download sample
Note: the image and information below is for display purposes only, and may not be updated. Click to enlarge.
Post-purchase the link to download your document does expire, and is only available for a limited number of downloads.